Contemporary Controls develops, manufactures and markets innovative networking and control products to the benefit of our automation customers worldwide. We are committed to delivering products and services that meet customer requirements and strive to exceed their expectations through our continuous improvement efforts.
At present, all employees are required to wear a mask while not in their own work area. Contemporary Controls achieved the IMA's Healthy Manufacturer Certification in an on-going effort to maintain a safe work environment.
We provide a competitive fulltime benefit package that includes group health, dental, life, and disability insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Contemporary Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Position: Purchasing Associate
Location: Downers Grove, IL, USA
Under supervision, performs various routine purchasing assignments. Based upon purchase requests procures supplies, raw materials, outside services and equipment used by the company. Performs other job-related duties as determined and assigned by management.
Essential Role Responsibilities (with or without accommodation):
- Material planning which consists of determining the requirements of raw materials, components and other items needed for production and sales with pricing and lead time considerations.
- Receive approved purchase requisitions, select appropriate suppliers, place purchase orders and ensure timely delivery of materials and services.
- Enter purchase orders, maintain inventory items and vendor information in MRP system.
- Participate with the manufacturing department in determining material requirements using MRP system.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of materials, components, processes and suppliers.
- Place orders for replenishment household, cafeteria and office items.
- Monitor and grade supplier delivery performance and adherence to quality guidelines.
- Recommend addition or deletion of suppliers.
- May participate on a site visit to a supplier in order to conduct a quality audit.
- Participate in Sales and Operation Planning meetings
This position interfaces frequently with manufacturing, engineering, and sales departments. Also works closely with suppliers and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One to two years of experience ideal, preferably in the electronics sector. Associates Degree in Business or the equivalent work experience preferred. Requires good communication and basic math skills.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting programs and word processing programs.
- Must exercise professional judgment and ingenuity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as be organized and responsible and be a self-starter.
- Must be detail oriented and have a strict regard for confidentiality.
- Some related business experience preferred.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.