Normally, Contemporary Controls Null Stack drivers interface to Visual C/C++ 32-bit applications. However, this DLL allows Visual Basic 6.0 applications running on Windows® 95/98/ME/2K/XP to communicate through ARCNET NIMs that use COM20020/22 ARCNET controllers.
All COM20020/22 functions and data rates are supported except for event-driven mode.
Two sample applications are also provided-each demonstrating how to access the ARCNET controller.
- The "Talk" application allows two stations to exchange simple ASCII messages.
- The "WinLoop" application establishes a continuous communications "echo" between two stations.
The online utility is in a self-extracting zip file which contains:
- The card in the host computer must use a COM20020 or COM20022 ARCNET controller chip.
To download the Win 95/98/ME version of this utility (240 kB), click here
- the DLL
- the "Talk" sample application with supporting files
- the "WinLoop" sample application with supporting files
To download the Win 2K/XP version of this utility (114 kB), click here